The choice is yours....
Further to the Prime Minister’s announcement earlier this week on social distancing practices including facial coverings, I want to use this week’s newsletter to clarify our position.
With effect from Monday 17th May 2021:
- If pupils want to continue to wear a facial covering around the school and in classrooms, they can do so.
- If pupils do not want to wear a facial covering around school and in the classroom, they do not have to, in line with Government guidance.
- All adults in the school will continue with current practice which is to wear facial covering where social distance cannot be maintained.
All other safety steps that we currently practice will remain in place until further notice. Those key safety steps you will remember are designed around large gatherings of mixed groups of pupils, are:
- Designated year group (social and dining) areas
- Staggered break and lunchtimes
- Staggered end of day times
- Walking on the left inside the school building