Site Support Assistant
Full time, permanent position
Monday to Friday - hours of work negotiable
Salary: £19,945 pa.
Closing date: Wednesday 17 July 2019
Reading Girls’ School is looking to appoint a full time, Site Support Assistant. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day security, safety, cleanliness and general maintenance of the school site as directed by the Site Manager and the Finance Director.
- To ensure that the buildings and school site are secure, particularly out of school hours.
- General porterage.
- To undertake basic maintenance of heating, lighting, plumbing, security systems, painting and decorating to ensure they operate safely and efficiently and that the environment is kept to a suitable standard. This will include some regular and spot cleaning.
- To arrange facilities for hirers as specified.
- To maintain the minibuses with regards to refuelling and keeping the vehicles clean.
- Optional weekend lettings with relevant, additional remuneration.
- To ensure that all allocated equipment, furniture and materials are stored safely and securely in order to prevent unauthorised access and potential accidents/misuse.
- To perform duties in line with health and safety requirements and take remedial action where hazards are identified.
- To help maintain the school grounds to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- To carry out any other duties from time to time as may be required by the Site Manager.
- To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
For more information about the above post please contact Richard Oti, Site Manager at Reading Girls’ School, Northumberland Avenue, Reading RG2 7PY, on 0118 9861336 or by email to email@example.com
To apply, please complete an application form (CVs will not be accepted) and return it to the school at the above address or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reading Girls’ School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance.