11 good reasons to work at Reading Girls' School
About the school…
- We are performing the top 3% of all secondary Schools in England.
- RGS is the 7th best-performing School in Berkshire. Four out of the six schools performing better than us are Grammar schools.
- 97% of pupils indicate via our termly pupil survey that they feel safe at school
- 95% of our pupils report through our pupil survey that behaviour is very good
Benefits for teachers…
- Employee assistance programme and medical cash plan
- We have saved 212 hours for teachers on tasks not directly related to Teaching & Learning. That is the equivalent to three school weeks and includes:
- x76 hours flexi time for PPAs
- x65 hours from not having to take daily x20 minutes registration group. Traditional registration groups have been replaced with termly personal development days
- x39 hours for not having to supervise break/lunch. Our Prefects and SLT supervise break and lunch times
- x18 hours for not having to deliver PSHE. Guest speakers deliver an age-appropriate PSHE programme
- x10 hours from reduced department meetings across the year. Department hold meetings to suit their departmental calendar
- x4 hours from a reduced number of parent evenings. We have one parents evening per year for years 7-10 and two for year 11