11 good reasons to work at Reading Girls' School
About the school…
- We are performing the top 1% of all secondary schools nationally (DfE, Sept 2019).
- RGS is also the 5th best-performing non-selective school across the surrounding counties of Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire and Wiltshire.
- School under new leadership in 2017 and within one year is performing in the top 175 schools in the country with a progress 8 score of 0.97.
- 95% of our pupils report through our pupil survey that behaviour is very good
- 97% of our pupils report through our pupil survey that they feel safe at school
Benefits for teachers…
- Employee assistance programme and medical cash plan
- 65 hours - teachers are not required to be Form Tutors as we do not have registration period
- 59 hours - of flexible PPA time allowing staff to go home early or come into school late
- 30 hours - teachers do not deliver PSHE
- 26 hours - teachers have no break / lunch supervision duties
- 18 hours - we do not run after school interventions
Unique feature of the school...
- Our new school day – by the time they leave year 11, our pupils will have had the equivalent of six years education in five without reducing school holidays
- Deeper applied learning – we have longer blocks of learning time that allows us to visit industry or host industry guest to co-deliver lessons
- Small year 11 class sizes – we reduce year 11 class sizes to 12-15 pupils.
- Integrated KS3 curriculum – paired subjects work together to provide R.E.A.L (Relevant Engaging Active learning) lessons.