As the weather seems to be getting colder, I wish to remind you that should the weather deteriorate to such an extent that it is quite severe, we may need to close the school. This decision is never taken lightly, and students should not decide for themselves that school is ‘closed’. When deciding whether to close the school, the following are taken into consideration:
- Which buses, if any, are running (this decision is made by the bus companies and not the school)
- Whether sufficient staff will be able to get to school to supervise pupils safely
- The probability of conditions worsening, so making journeys home very difficult, e.g. buses being cancelled
If we do need to close the school, we will make an announcement on the school website and send a message via Edulink to parents. We would ask parents and pupils to refer to the website, rather than telephoning the school. The announcement will be clearly visible on the home page of our website. When reading this information, please check the date carefully. It is unusual for us to know the day before that the school will definitely be closed and the decision about closure is usually made by 7.15am at the latest.
If a decision is taken to close early, following consultation with bus companies and, if appropriate, the Local Authority, a bulletin will be posted on the homepage of the school website confirming the time the school will close. We will send a message to parents via Edulink. Please ensure that we have up-to-date records, so we can rely on reaching all parents by this method.
As we draw closer towards the end of the term, I also wish to draw your attention to a number of events that are taking place:
- Thursday 7th December: Year 11 Parents evening - it is crucial that all parents attend with their child
- Thursday 14th December: Christmas Lunch and Christmas Jumper Day (this should be worn over school uniform)
- Thursday 14th December: Christmas Concert 6.00pm
- Tuesday 19th December: 12.00pm closure
I wish you all a restful weekend.
Ms Farrugia – Principal
Follow the link below to the full newsletter