For the latest information from our suppliers Stevensons, please visit their website www.stevensons.co.uk or telephone the Customer Services Team on 01727 815700.
- JUMPER*: Navy blue, V-neck jumper, embroidered with school badge
- SKIRT*: Knife-pleated, navy blue knee-length skirt
- TROUSERS*: Navy blue traditional, loose-fitting formal trousers (no extra zips/trimmings, jeans, low-waist, tight or skinny trousers)
- BLOUSE: White, revere collar blouse, short or long sleeve
- SOCKS/TIGHTS: Plain black or navy blue (not patterned). Socks must be worn below the knee
- OVERCOAT: Plain black or navy blue (no logos, hoodies, leather or denim)
- SHOES: Flat, plain black leather shoes which can be polished. No plimsolls, boots, hybrid shoes/trainers or trainers permitted.
*PURCHASED ONLY THROUGH STEVENSONS
*12-14 Market Place, Reading, RG1 2EG Tel. 0118 9596462 or online at
- One pair of small, plain stud earrings and a plain watch
- No facial piercings, nose studs or ear stretchers
- Non-permitted jewellery will be confiscated.
- Hair and Make-up
- No shaven or extreme hairstyles - only natural coloured hair will be allowed and any braids must be the same as your natural hair colour
- Hair bands must be navy blue
- No painted or false nails
- Make-up not permitted in Key Stage 3 (Years 7-9)
- Make-up in Key Stage 4 (Years 10-11) must be light and discreet
- The niqab is not allowed
- If students wish to wear a religious headscarf, it must be plain navy blue
- If students wear a salwar kameez, it should be plain navy blue and worn under the regulation school skirt, blouse and jumper
- Mobile phones/ electronic devices are not to be used on the school site at any time. If seen or heard they will be confiscated.
- Items of value must not be brought into school (e.g. jewellery, mobile phones, tablets, significant sums of money etc)
- The school cannot accept liability for the loss or damage of the following:
- valuables brought into school
- items that are confiscated
- *1 pair of navy blue school tracksuit bottoms
- *1 blue “BUKTA” type blouse - short sleeved "V" neck with collar
- 1 pair of white trainers (non-marking soles) and white sports socks
- Hairband unless hair is short
- Water bottle
- 1 tracksuit – Navy blue
- 1 pair of navy PE shorts
*Purchase through Stevenson’s, 12-14 Market Place, Reading, RG1 2EG Tel. 0118 9596462 or online at http://stevensons.co.uk/ReadingGirlsSchoolReading
- Pens, pencils, ruler (marked in inches and centimetres), eraser, coloured pencils or fibre tipped pens, protractor, setsquare, pair of compasses, Casio Scientific calculator and a dictionary.
ALL ITEMS OF CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED WITH THE STUDENT’S NAME
PERSONAL PROPERTY AND SAFETY
Lost property is handed into the Pastoral Leaders’ Office. Provision is made during PE lessons for the safe keeping of money and watches. The responsibility for the safe keeping of such items is the student’s, as the school does not accept responsibility.
Cigarettes, lighters, glass bottles and other harmful objects may not be brought into school. Any found will be confiscated and destroyed.
The first occasion that jewellery or mobile devices are confiscated, they will be available for collection by the student at the end of the school day.
Any items that are confiscated for a second or subsequent time will be held at the school until parents come to collect them or until the end of the school week, whichever is sooner.
The school cannot accept liability for the loss or damage of any items that are confiscated.
Shoes: Black, leather, polishable, flat-heeled
Blouse: revere collar
Earrings: Small, plain studs - one in each ear
Mobile phones and other electronic devices are not to be used on the school site at any time. If seen or heard they will be confiscated.
Coats must be plain black or navy blue. No hoodies allowed.
'High uniform standards are indicative of the high standards we have at Reading Girls’ School.
Our uniform is part of our identity, uniting our students and creating positive role models in our wider community'
Sports Clothing and Equipment
- navy blue school jogging pants*
- blue 'BUKTA' type blouse - short sleeves 'V' neck with collar
- Trainers with non marking soles and white sports socks
- hockey boots or trainers (for outdoor use)
- games skirt
- navy PE shorts
11-12 Market Place, Reading, Berkshire RG1 2EG.
Tel: 0118 9596462