Careers and Life Beyond RGS
To equip every student with the lifelong knowledge and personal skills needed to access a broad range of opportunities in the next stage of their lives., by fostering a culture of deeper applied learning through sequential R.E.A.L curriculum experiences within and beyond the classroom.
Our Careers Vision:
Each and every student will achieve their true potential and be prepared for the ever-changing world of work
Our Careers Aims:
- To enable students to make informed decisions about their future, especially with regards to further and higher education, apprenticeships, and other training and career opportunities.
- To enable students to manage the transition from school to new roles and situations
- To inspire students and give them an understanding of the adult world of employment, locally and nationally
- To develop character and resilience and give them the skills required to function in life and work through enrichment activities and The Pledge
- To develop students’ knowledge, skills and understanding through settings and scenarios that relate to the employment sector through deeper applied learning
- To encourage attainment and lifelong learning so that students can achieve their goals, cope with change and be prepared to take advantage of opportunities throughout their life
- To give all students the same opportunities so they achieve the best outcomes for them personally
Our Careers Education starts in Year 6 and Year 7 as we help students transition to secondary school. All students take part in careers workshops on our Personal Development Days, and they also benefit from Deeper Applied Learning opportunities with external experts. Year 7 and 8 students STEM activities aim to raise awareness of the wide range of careers and help them develop personal skills. All Year 10 students have a personal appointment with a careers adviser and we hold a further education fair to help students decide about their options after their GCSEs.
Parents are informed:
- of choices available to students for KS4 options
- of education and employment choices available to students after their KS4 by email, with information on the website and at parents evenings
Please click here for a link to our Destinations Information Page
Labour Market Information (LMI) is available through the Berkshire Opportunities website:
We work with organisations such as Adviza, the Careers & Enterprise Company, the University of Reading and Study Higher, as well as local 6th forms and colleges. We have good long term relationships with local businesses, such as Thames Water, CISCO, Barclays and KPMG, who provide volunteers from the world of work to help with events and activities.
For information relating to careers please contact:
Mrs Kate Thomson.
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0118 9861336