Many of our students take part in a range of activities, and the RGS PLEDGE encourages students to pursue many avenues in extending their own curriculum. Please look at the PLEDGE section of the website for further details.
Some of opportunities offered are:
- Mandarin Lessons in association with Queen Anne's School
- Music composition in association with Queen Anne's School
- ASPIRE Charity Trust Committee members
- Mock Magistrates Trial
- National Debating Competitions
- Rowing in association with Reading School
- Psychology seminars in association with Queen Anne's School
- First Lego League
- CPR training
- Sports leadership of primary school events
- Trips to watch women's international sporting events
We also offer pupils great opportunities to take part in a wide range of trips to varied destinations. These include theatre trips, trips abroad and residential trips to support field work and team building.
At Reading Girls' School we believe that the curriculum is not just what happens in lessons. Consequently, we offer a range of extra-curricular clubs at both lunchtime and after school. We change these every half term to add variety and to meet the needs of all year groups. Please look at the most recent list of clubs on the weekly newsletter and on the table below.
In addition to organised activities many of our pupils are given the opportunity to gain valuable leadership and interpersonal skills through roles within the school. Please click on the link on the left to find out more about this.